Guardianships and Conservatorships in Georgia Probate Court

The probate court oversees guardianships and conservatorships in Georgia. However, the court does not have a duty to ensure your daily actions are not in violation of your role or any bond you may have. As a matter of fact, you may not realize there is any problem with your duties as a guardian or conservator until you have been served with a complaint (suit). Even if you feel as if you have handled the guardianship or conservatorship correctly, you may owe money on the bond if your record keeping is inadequate.

Call my office today at (404) 260-1901 if you are, or need to obtain a guardianship or conservatorship, so I can explain your rights and obligations, answer your questions, help you with recordkeeping that will satisfy the probate court, and assist you with filing reports to the probate court to prevent future problems in that role.